How to filter Google web search results and get the Google search results you like to see. Today we are going to explore some of the popular types of Google search tools you could use through Google search.
We can start off by understanding the Google Verbatim search which you may have seen as an alternative to normal search available with the Google default search.
What is Google verbatim search?
What is Google verbatim search? What exactly does verbatim mode do? Or what is Google verbatim search tool? These are very common questions you may ask. Verbatim is not the Google default search setting, and it does not provide help for you by fixing the Google search results through applying misspellings, replacing keywords or synonyms and other related keywords, it means if you use Google verbatim search mode it will search for exact words or phrases.
Not all search tools are available for everyone and some search tools are language specific to return the search result or show only if you are signed in to your Google account.
The popular types of Google search tools you could apply
- Publish date: Limit the search results by the published date.
- Verbatim: Provides the exact words or phrases search for example you search “
Bannana” instead of the correct word “Banana”, Google will not apply the misspelling and other supporting search tools and will give you the search results for “ Bannana”.
- Dictionary: If you are searching to find definitions, synonyms, images, and more to learn about the specific keyword or topic you might use the “Dictionary Search”.
- Private: If you’resigned into your Google Account, It will show you the contents shared with you on Google+ or Gmail.
- Nearby: Looking fora quick help to locate something nearby you, try the Google nearby search and see the results for your current location.
- Videos: Another very useful search filter to search for videos by length, quality, and source. Like you wanted to search all video results or only specific video search results from youtube.com, Vimeo or other popular video sites like DailyMotion
, Hulu, Netflix , Vubeor Twitch
- Recipes: Oh I love this Google search filter, whenever I get obsessed to filter my search and find the results by ingredients, cook time, and calories of any recipe.
- Applications: Looking for your favorite apps for Android or iOS, use this filter, find the results with the price and operating system (or OS) for available and published apps from popular downloads websites or app stores like Google Play Store or Apple iTunes.
Google Patents Search – A very important Google search tool
The patents search tool is very useful if you are a scientist, developer, entrepreneur or anyone else. Looking to search for Patents related information like when a patent was filed or published, the patent filing office used to file, filing status, and type of patent. There is a dedicated search page available fromGoogle to search patents and in case you like to check it, go to Google Patents search page.